I am a busy physician, and work anywhere between 40-70 hours a week. Some days I come home exhausted and ravenous which means I need to have easy recipes at my fingertips to continue eating healthy. I also happen to be obsessed with salads. This recipe is my go-to salad specifically designed for those days where the last thing I want to do is cook. It is delicious, simple, and most importantly takes only 5 minutes to make.
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized (or cubed)
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of pre-cooked wild caught shrimp
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
- choice of salad dressing
- Cut off top and bottom of zucchini so edges are flat
- Place zucchini into a spiralizer to create beautiful zoodles (if you don’t own a spiralizer, cube the zucchini)
- Place zoodles into a medium size bowl
- Add thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, shrimp, and cherry tomatoes
- Add salad dressing and mix thoroughly
- If desired add salt and pepper for seasoning
- Serve and enjoy!